Thread: Losing Weight
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2019, 09:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara-Morgan
How can I start lost some weight?

Hi Sara.

To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume. When you do not get enough energy from food, the body will use its own tissue to make up for that energy shortfall. The body uses two main tissue types for energy when it doesn't get enough energy from food: fat tissue and muscle tissue. You want to lose weight from fat tissue, not muscle tissue. Then you specifically think about 'fat loss' (rather than just 'weight loss').

You preserve muscle tissue by doing resistance exercise. When you lift heavy things the body adapts by growing the muscles. Hence you preserve muscle mass and the body turns to its fat stores for energy. If you do not do resistance exercise, the body will start to use muscle tissue to make up for the calorie deficit, and you do not want to lose your lean muscle. You only want to lose fat.

The other important factor for retaining muscle mass while you lose fat is protein intake. The body uses protein from food to build muscle tissue, so you need to eat protein rich food.

To lose fat, you should:
  • eat less calories that you burn,
  • undertake resistance exercise, and
  • consume enough protein
What I say here is the way fat loss it is done, and Inavalan is talking truth from the real lived experience of losing fat and keeping it off for life. It is not fasting, not tea, not diets, not false promises.

Please ask me any questions. I want to help if I can.