View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
Interesting again :)

I have given thought in the past to what you mention. I divorced 2 years ago and I feel that my life is going nowhere now, and I am not even interested in finding another wife; I am attracted to women but the fear of going through the pain and misery of another ordeal (a lot of the blame is on me) has made me reconsider my perspectives for a relationship and I am not sure that I want to deal with these types of situations again. In the last year alone I have had several real opportunities and I have passed because I simply do not see it

I hold an excellent job as a computer programmer in a big city, but the motivation and creativity that I used to have is no longer there. I am focused in the well-being and health of my old mother who is battling an illness , my road cycling hobby, MOST OF ALL exploring my spirituality (admittedly kind of stagnant now) and traveling (Sweden / Norway in July and Colombia / Peru in December)

About what you mention; I am saving to retire [early] in a few years and go somewhere different.

I have considered a comfortable cabin in the woods ( mountains of NC), not totally isolated from civilization but with enough solitude to find myself and God.

Another possibility is to go the jungle in Peru and spend some time with shamans, I have thought about it before but it could be dangerous in the sense that I do not want anybody to steer me away from God (I delved in Santeria, a Cuban religion with African origins , in the past and I find this path extremely dangerous, that’s why I put it all behind and submitted myself to God and Christ ; btw the priestess of that religion that used to take care of me told me that in the future I would be able to “see”);

I have also considered India in the past but it does not resonate with me . Lastly I thought about Athos in Greece but I honestly don’t think that I have it in me for that level of ascetism, and I am not sure that I want to enclose myself in dogmatic views

Thank you for your advise and I will be paying attention about this young man that you mention

Santeria, interesting! It is a very destructive art, though people do not yet realise. She's definitely right about the "seeing" thing.

I like the suggestion of mountains in NC, it's wise not to move too far. Totally avoid Peru as a retirement destination, it will reduce your years here I earth and isn't in God's plan for you. And I'm glad you want to avoid shamanism, because at this time the only help you can get will come from the Creator. Otherwise, people can come over to you for help not only in spiritual things but also in living physically. You would make an excellent career coach.

My mind is taken to something that looks like a paper, a pad, or a book folded to a page, something along those lines. I guess its none of my business to know what your planning, but I see the words "goals" & "objectives", I'm shocked a litte because your fourty something and you are planning your life as though you are starting afresh.

My mind is also taken to the part of a newspaper where the stocks are; shares and bonds and all that. I'm not yet good at "seeing", kindly correct me if I've errored.
Do you have an interest in this?

I am very pleased to have spoken to you, you seem to have so much Wisdom. It's an honour.

Peace and Grace to you.