View Single Post
Old 24-12-2017, 01:30 AM
Master
A veiw on distraction

As is my way of making threads, this is a practice thread. I am convinced that there is no reasonable way of discussing spiritual practice without being in practice as well.

Walk the talk. Not in any expectation that we'll be perfect and without distraction, because we surely will, but neither become swept away on a pretty much permanent basis, and endeavour as best we can to keep some part of the awareness with itself, in its own presence. If this means a dilligent practice of returning to yourself, then best persist in that.

Being aware of what the mind is doing, the conscious knowing of that, makes it obvious that I am not the thoughts there, not the world I perceive around, but the one who is aware of the nature of thoughts, be they kind, malicious, competitive or other nature of the intent.

Now I question, while you read the above, did you remain consciously aware of what you created in mind? Can you now remember the nature of such thoughts. Moreso, can you recognise the nature of the intent behind them?