View Single Post
Old 16-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Lol. Yeah I've met those too.
It's why for me it goes both ways. Sometimes I realize something and search where the Canon or the commentaries describe it to see if it fits.
Sometimes I find a gem in the Canon and go to work to come to a similar experience.

Same thing with other religions, which is why I dabbled with a lot of them. Wicca, druidism, shamanism, spiritism. The veda's, Hinduism, the Koran, the New testament.. there's recognition in most. There's aversion as well.

So far Buddhism is the only one I have yet to find something in I can falsify outside the realm of belief.

With Love
Eelco

Yes I feel the same, sometimes I look to Suttas for verification incase i'm going senile or going down the wrong road, at other times I read a Sutta and it's like a light comes on and I realize that the teaching was already somewhere in my subconscious anyway it just need a little spoon to stir it up. I do enjoy reading some Suttas but sometimes it's like I'm reading an alien language, I can't make head nor tails of them I know when it's time to move on to others and leave the aliens for someone else. If Buddha had a School now, I would be in his baby class