View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Likewise. I find weight training, lots of cardio, body weight exercise, along with stretching to provide a well balanced workout. Weight training and stretching helps my body to stay strong and avoid injury while doing cardio for an extreme length of time.

I also agree on doing workouts you enjoy as you'll begin to look forward to it and avoid burnouts. Once you get tired of doing something you can research and switch to something else. Constantly changing your workouts. Also creating goals and trying to outdo yourself every week can help you stay motivated.

As for abs exercise. I recommend focusing on each part of the abs individually. Lower abs, obliques, then upper abs, doing the exercise slow to feel that burn. That along with lots of cardio work.

Dancing, running, shadowboxing, high kicks, hiking, swimming, jump rope, are fun ways to keep your body nice and tone.

More like they compliment each other.

Yea, I do a lot of mobility drills, and other compound movements like pull ups, pushups etc, and I do a bit of cardio, I like the rowing machine most, but some spot running, jumping jacks, knees ups etc get the heart going as well - and then I lift heavy weights, squat, deadlift, bench, overhead press - which is my main thang. I work on my limitations by doing accessory exercises like a lot of rows, mainly.

At the moment, I've stopped lifting heavy and dropped to 50% of my capacity to work on form and technique, so I do a lot more volume and hypertrophy, and will stick to that for the next couple of months. In the meantime I'll read up on programming, and implement an undulating approach to replace the linear overload approach I've been using the last 5 months.

It's a good idea to switch things up a bit, keep it feeling fresh...