View Single Post
Old 30-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
There's no "Parenting" Forum on here so I guess this one will have to do. I know there are young people floating around here who might have ideas for me. My eldest son who is about to turn 19 has been making me crazy ever since he entered puberty - challenges everything, constantly negative bringing the energy down in our home, blames me for everything... And I would like it to stop! I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!

I was confused by the title of the thread after reading your post, he sounds like a perfectly normal 19 year old to me, boys have a tendency to lose a bit of reason between the ages of 16 and 21, at 21 or thereabouts you will get your beautiful boy back

He's not a dark entity just a normal kid, the period between boyhood and manhood must be incredibly confusing and frustrating for them, if you feel your temper rising, walk away, even if he does get the last word, remain firm if he is way out of order though.

When going through this they need someone strong to 'kick back at' but don't let him overstep the mark, if he rants calmly tell him you will continue the conversation when he can speak to you politely and walk away, this time in a boy's life is tough and harder to cope with than any girl's tantrums, stay strong, that's what he needs.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...