View Single Post
Old 18-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by William 辰
@Within Silence
I agree it's very important to live in the now. But right now you can use free will to change reality any way you like. You can consciously choose your thoughts long enough until they start to come to you unconsciously. That way you also change the way your brain is wired. It is the same with repeating something until you can do it; you use free will to change the way your brain is wired.

Make no mistake however, I do believe in divine will, just not in destiny or fate. Because as long as you have free will, you have the free will to ignore destiny. Which means destiny is something you create right now. It's just that you can not un-know what you know. So I think you'll sort of automatically choose the best path for you and those around you.

If you believe in free will that is fine by me. If others do not, that is also fine by me, as neither of these beliefs cause free will to exist or not exist. Just like all the belief for God cannot cause there to be one if the fact is there isn't one, and vice versa. Everything is as it is, life is a spontaneous happening to which we react. Yes we have choice, but are compelled to choose, and to not choose is also the result of compulsion/urge/impulse/desire, which is not free-will. Our whole existence is the result of compulsion/urge/impulse/desire. Its all one movement, but the mind likes to divide everything up into fragments.

There is no one who has freewill, as, if one had freewill then it could use freewill to choose not to use freewill, yet this is impossible, because there is no one with a will which is free, as will functions as a result of something previous, thus will is compelled to act, or not act which is just the result of thinking the thought to not act. :) There is just will, not a separate entity that possess it, as the entity and will are one in the same thing.

Everything we do is compelled by thought and you do not choose nor govern the process by which thought arises. Hence you do not think which thoughts you are going to think before you think them. This process happens very rapidly, and then we act on those thoughts and then look back and say "I did it" but you did not consciously do or control all the functions that took place to generate the thoughts produced, from which then you acted/spoke out.

If you respond to this reply it will be as the result of an urge, and if you do not respond it will also be as a result of an urge not to respond, no freewill involved. You may say "I am freely using my will to respond" to which I would say; "no will is that which does or does not react as the result of a previous urge/impulse/thought/desire/ which spontaneously arose as a result of some previous stimulus." We are not free, but compelled by previous stimulus.