View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 02:35 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox87
Hi everyone! New to the forums. Feeling a little confused and lost at the moment so hopefully you can provide some clarity and/or guidance. Here’s my conundrum:

All in all, there is only nonduality “one hand clapping “. THIS. This is apparent because I’m sitting here typing on my phone, I can enjoy a beer, a bird is flying outside, cars are driving on the highway etc (I.E “experiences are happening “ even though they are unreal as separate experiences).

I get confused and lost often because the idea comes up- what if individual consciousness never arose, what if there was just infinite blackness without experience forever from the very beginning? How could nonduality be “known “ if those words could never be uttered? If there was no experience and no consciousness how could even nonduality be the base truth? How can we say this isn’t absolute non existence? Hoping you have some guidance because this point always trips me up and makes me feel lost and upset. It makes me feel like nonduality could have had some alternative- this causes my mind not to be at rest.

You're asking questions and that is what counts. High Five! Some people will answer you with explanations that work for you and others won't. And some folks will just belch blithering sentences. Take what works and leave the rest. And be patient. Others will find and reply to your thread. I enjoyed reading it.
:)