View Single Post
Old 31-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
I don't harbor any "beliefs", meaning I don't hold stone solid truth for anything I haven't personally experienced. "That consciousness will go on forever"...I kinda suspect that there's no such thing as forever and that it's a concept in this existence...consciousness just is, ...no time involved. When I was in that "other dimension" during my NDE, time seemed like it didn't exist. This existence seemed like something that happened in a flash faster than a flash of a strobe light. I guess it's hard to understand (lol...also hard to explain).

One billionth of a second before you looked at the clock it was in the future, one billionth of a second after you've seen what time it is it it's in the past. Maybe consciousness exists in that place between the before and after...??? Because we've been incarnated into this place with beginnings and endings to everything and have developed markers (clocks, calendars and time tables) to keep track it's hard to comprehend such a thing could be a reality. But, why couldn't it?

Lol...imagine you watch an hour program about someone's life one hour before daylight savings time ends. The program is over...you've seen an entire life portrayed...and after you've watched it it's the same time as when you started watching. Lol...might be a silly analogy...but...hey...I tried, lol.
I kind of understand what you are saying. The concept of eternal, in my view, is not something related to time but rather something that exists now, has existed before and will always exist, all at the same time. Is like a dimension from which we come that has always been there and always will be there. It's like a point zero. Therefore, I guess that if this is true, it does make sense that we are going to live eternally (not in a time related sense, but rather in a spiritual sense). Since I was a kid I've always had this idea that I came from somewhere else and that my life was kind of a play, a temporary "game". I always thought that when people died they went back home. What do you think? Does this makes sense to you? To say that we are eternal in this sense?