View Single Post
Old 28-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly1213
It's hard to wake up sometimes and realise it's all gone.

I'm not really in to the past lives and reincarnation thing. Though sometimes I might get a very strong sense of connection to past times I won't pursue it, probably because I'm more interested in present times and the lost or dormant memory.

I grew up in Scotland, but now live in England. I started a new job recently that takes me into an unfamiliar part of town. Earlier this week while cycling past a road junction I had the most profound memory awareness of a preschool I had once attended. Not here where I now live, just an almost overwhelming sense of somewhere real, some place I can't pin down - a sleepiness, a comforting sense of parental stability, and the exquisite cosiness of anticipation of going to meet someone. Someone holding the key to the meaning of one's life ...

Wilhelm Reich, the radical and controversial psychoanalyst, believed that memories can be stored in muscle tissue! Not so crazy when given some thought. Especially while sleeping, when muscles can reach a state of total relaxation, and memories are released into the subconscious. Or in my case, having not cycled for a long while.

I don't think you're crazy, just experiencing crazy stuff. And just like the rest of us, searching for answers.