View Single Post
Old 30-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Constantly I was turned down from more intellectual jobs because they feel that women are more able to excel in these positions like accounting and much more, I have certifications in these fields that I trained for, but even still they refuse me. And, then I am pushed into jobs that function on hard labor, and its a constant battle. Due to my weight class and my inability to gain weight, I'm a liability to many of them. They know I can't lift heavy things and all around me are these huge men who are buffer than steel and seem to look down on me for it. Funny thing is I can beat many of them in a fight, but that doesn't really matter-not when the point is putting bread on the plate.

Assuming your in the US, I have never heard of someone getting denied skilled employment because they are too skinny, quite the contrary. I have a back ground in HR management and I never heard or studied of someone being denied employment because of 'under weight' in particular. Gender and racial profiling are the two areas that have the greatest impact on employers both legally and financially.

It could be your interviewing skills, resume and the way you carry yourself. I'd focus and work on those attributes. It's such a competitive job market, you really have to show your interested and determined, write back formal thank you notes and letters for even having an interview.Lots of butt kissing basically. =/

It is my personal experience working in office settings than men are a lot easier to work with. That is just my personal opinion. : )