View Single Post
Old 28-05-2020, 03:16 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Vitamin D is actually a hormone and active in all sorts of immune response biochemistry. My wife is in the medical field and has an autoimmune disease and has reviewed many different studies about the role of Vitamin D in immune system regulation. There are apparently a number of studies linking adequate Vitamin D levels to better outcomes and reduced mortality in Covid-19 cases, that said, I have not looked them up myself. I don't know just how much we can get from eating meat though, I also supplement (only one I take actually). Vitamin D deficiency appears to be a unintended consequence of going from the fields to the factories and office buildings. That, and perhaps a side effect of sun screens as well.

See, you can't hide from ma nature, she will get ya back in the ground one way or another.

The amount of Vitamin D obtained from animal products isn't very high, but in general that family of consumables is the best dietary source. Of course Sun exposure is the best source.

As for the studies, there are several out there indicating a blood serum level above 30 ng/mL results in a ten fold increase of a better outcome (avoidance of pneumonia and ARDS) than one under 20 ng/mL.

Here's one video talking about one of the studies. https://youtu.be/aXw3XqwSZFo