View Single Post
Old 23-05-2020, 12:51 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

Jesus's 'solution' was word-expressed this way: "(At that day ye shall know that" I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." (John 14)

He emphasized the 'Spirit'ual aspect of Being, not the 'Conscious' aspect as much, though - as in "The hour cometh, and now is, when the 'true' (reality conscious?) worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in 'truth': for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in 'truth'." (John 4)

I see a lot of similarities between Jesus' core message and that of Advaita Vedanta. So did Swami Vivekananda.

Vivekananda considered Jesus a non-dualist and his parables a way of giving the simple people of his time a tangible path through dualist concepts from "Our Father who art in Heaven" to "I am the vine and you are the branches" to "I and my Father are One".

"Whatsoever you do the the least among you, you do to me".

"nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or, 'There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst". Dare I say this is eerily similar to Neti Neti?