View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Seeker

Feeling Pulled In A Different Direction

I should probably tell my councilor about this but I'm unsure how to explain this to her. I really want to be an artist, but I keep feeling pulled to be a spiritual leader of some sort. As much as I would like to be a leader I'm reluctant to be a spiritual leader because I hate forcing my beliefs on others. I strongly believe people should at least have the freedom to believe what they want as long as it doesn't hurt others. I have told my mother how I want to be an artist and she even agrees that I'm meant to be more of a leader then an artist and that I should do more for the community by mentoring more children. I already mentor a young girl however, I'm reluctant to mentor more children as I feel that would make the relationship I have with this young girl less special. Also as much as I would like to teach her about spiritual stuff I don't want to force my beliefs on her. What can I do? I really want to be an artist, but I keep feeling pushed in the direction of being a spiritual leader not only by my family but also my own intuition. I really don't want to force my beliefs on others though.