View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:34 AM
sarinmall

Quote:
I like this here article: Plants Display Sentience and Social Behavior

This part is quite interesting: Apparently, Sagebrush will boost its immune system when exposed to clippings of a related plant. Could these plants be sending alarms or warning signals to each other? Possibly, but more research is needed to confirm anything. And it goes on to ask a valid question: I think the idea of plant sentience may put a whole new perspective on things for some people. It would seem that if plants are capable of the same things as animals (realization and communication), that eating a carrot would be no different than eating a chicken leg, as both come from beings that display awareness. It certainly gives you something to think about.

The odd thing for me is that you ask people to consider what you sense while not wishing to consider what other sentient beings sense (among those some humans with amazing skills). Should you not show the same kind of empathy towards others that you wish of them? I agree that we should not harm other beings in an unnecessary way, but some animals used for food get better lives than some plants used for food.

I read all such articles before writing my own..All this reflects consciousness but not pain or sufferings..First you think about why you are not able to differentiate between carrot and chicken leg piece..how can you think eating carrot and chicken leg piece is one and the same?..All scientists right from einstein to newton recommended vegeterin..Do you think they were unwise and were not able to understand the diffrence between plant and animals

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 04:58 AM.