Thread: The Pit of Hell
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2015, 10:30 AM
jerrygg38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
Hell, the pit of hell, Hades, Purgatory and the like are all analogous and derived from a place outside ancient Jerusalem known in the Hebrew scripture as "Gehenna", aka: the Valley of the Son of Hinnom. According to these Scripture(s) the site was initially where apostate Israelites and followers of various Ba'als and other Canaanite gods, including Moloch conducted sacrifice of their children by fire. This area was also where human refuse was burned. Thereafter -- in time this area was deemed to be cursed (probably diseased is more accurate) and eventually over the ages religious ideology mandated by Jewish, Christian and Islamic (Abrahamic Traditions) to be the destination of the wicked.

Today modern Abrahamic traditions believe this placed called "Hell" symbolizes eternal destruction with no hope of resurrection, and "Gehenna" also known as "Jahannam" specifically in the Qu'ran is the same "lake of fire" mentioned in the Book of Revelation (20:14). Noteworthy to this discussion is the fact that "Hell" is not actually a word found in Jewish, Christian or Islamic scripture with an exception to King James Version (KJV) composed between 1604 and 1611.

While I respect the idea that you believe there is a chance you may go to this metonym called Hell, this place for me is nothing more than an illusion an individual decides to freely manifest within themselves while standing in judgement of others.

Your history lesson is very good. However from a reincarnation viewpoint some souls are born and others perish. Judaism has always looked at a physical life. The resurrection of the body is merely a physical happening. My hell is not eternal torment like the christian viewpoint. It is a place where souls are destroyed and returned to their collective origins. In my dreams and visions I was shown the center of the earth from whence many came. However my next life is 30,000 light years from now according to my spiritual contacts.