View Single Post
Old 29-07-2017, 04:29 AM
Seeker

Hi. I'm a Christian witch. It's quite simple. I just honor the Christian pantheon, the trinity. I cast spells, make brews, candle magick, healing, divination, etc. I just honor Mother/Father God ( or Creator, Gitchie Manito or Great Mystery in my Ojibwe language, although many names are used) and the teachings of Jesus Christ. My Goddess is called by many names, Virgin Mary, Mary Magdalene, various female saints. Back when I first starting forming my path and training at a center, there weren't any umbrella terms like "Christian Witch" or "Christopagan" but these terms are more used now and more and more Christian, Jewish, and all types of witches, really are coming out into the open. It's important to remember a personal relationship with Christian deities is often much different than what is taught by the churches of today. There are Christians who do not follow church teachings (most know church history and how documents were changed, words were added and changed, etc to support the agenda of the time period) so there is no conflict within communities anymore. Of course every coven is different, but please know that we Christian Witches and Christian Pagans do exist and a lot of Eclectic Witches work with the Christian deities and just feel more comfortable with that term. It's all labels to me and I don't think the Spirit world is too concerned with our human divisions. :) Blessed be!