Thread: Hebrew Language
View Single Post
Old 21-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Experiencer
Question Hebrew Language

I'm learning Hebrew right now and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a good Hebrew/English-English/Hebrew dictionary that would also include religious words. I'm looking for a dictionary that would show the Hebrew words with the vowel because I would not be able to read the word if the vowels are not shown (I'm not that experience as to do that). The method I have to study gives you reading practice and they specify "these are real Hebrew words" but they didn't put the translation of these words anywhere! It is frustrating to be able to read the words but not understanding anything that I have read.... What's the point, I would like to say to the authors, of giving us real words, and enabling us to read them if they don't give us their meaning...What's the point of reading when you don't understand...Some reading practice are visibly Hebrew prayers.

I found some dictionaries online but I cannot type the Hebrew words as I don't have a Hebrew keyboard and for now cannot spend the money on the software. Then I found some dictionaries but the reviews say that they do not include religious words (so that won't help). I'm at the ends of my wits to try to find a way to get to understand what I'm reading.

Thanks for your help

Peace

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)