View Single Post
Old 19-02-2018, 01:21 AM
Lepus

Hello

You always want to call in your guides or guardians for protection from false misleading influences. Just like meditation find a quiet room with no distracting noises. Sit or stand comfortably from your workspace. Begin by closing your eyes, and attuning your mind to the energy around you. Take some time to gather that energy. When ready, look into the black mirror, while starring, take notice of any images, symbols or words forming. I would suggest having a notebook to record anything you saw. This exercise should take about 30 minutes to an hour, but you can go longer if your eyes aren't weary from gazing into the mirror. Once you've finished, cover the mirror with black cloth. Always maintain the mirror clean and never use it for anything but its intended magickal purpose. I read to keep your scrying mirror clean use alcohol and a soft cloth. I wouldn't do that, you can potentionally catch the mirror on fire, especially when using candles as the only source of light placed near the mirror. I'm sure there are alternatives. You can cleanse your mirror with white sage.

Here are various uses for mirror scrying:

To contact spirit guides

To access knowledge

For healing and self improvement

As a magickal transmitter and receiver

For divining the past, present and future

As a portal to the Astral Plane

For shamanic journeying

For ritual invocation and evocation

To improve visualization skills

Lepus