View Single Post
Old 13-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Master
That's pretty neat veronicax. :-)

Made me think of the critters, big and small finding my yard. Birds too (the parakeet)..had a pony come and hang out, raccoons come and pay visits to my deck, but they want the bird suet and seed. A fox has been hanging around for months, day and night. 3 evenings ago a small possum decided to come and snack on seed and sit on the big feeder as well and chill out. LOL. My daughter said it was just sitting there chilling. 4 nights ago 3 peacocks decided to come for a visit and then squabble making such a ruckus they woke me up, but they are from up the road and always breaking out of their pen. Once I was sitting outside when a mama skunk and her baby decided to stroll by. I just froze, for fear of scaring them and getting sprayed. lol.

The chickadees come and sit right next to me on the railing when I'm sitting on the stoop outside my door...and now a couple of baby piliated woodpeckers have decided we have the best feeders around and they aren't afraid of me either. I don't know if squirrels and chipmunks can mate and give birth, but there's a critter out there that we can't decide if it's a baby red squirrel or a large chipmunk. It's adorable, but it does have the markings of a chipmunk, but it's pretty big too lol. We have a LOT of chipmunks that raid the feeders and have taken up residence and the squirrels are coming back as well. When my ex was here, he would trap the chipmunks and drive them elsewhere and shoot the squirrels much to my disgust...he's gone now. Oh, and a woodchuck has dug a huge hole next to my house and under the side porch, not a good thing, but I don't have the heart to get him gone. If he doesn't cause damage other than the huge hole, he can stay.