View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Knower
Grief & Heart Chakra - Why can't I feel the love?

Hi everyone

I am looking for some advice please. In the last year, I have lost 2 people very close to me. It has had a surprisingly huge effect on me in many ways, emotionally, physically and psychologically. People often say they can still feel their loved ones after passing, I can't. Instead I feel a total disconnect.

However, one year on, I feel I am now ready to find some peace and hopefully some inner calm. I have been meditating and doing work to balance and heal my chakras, but I have come to a bit of a block.

Every time I focus on my heart area, I cannot seem to find a connection to any feelings of love or compassion. I know the grief of that last year has knocked me off kilter, but I would really like to learn how to reconnect with my inner source of love.

The two deaths (and other external events) have made me realise for the first time that I have always relied on outside sources for my love and comfort. This huge learning curve is welcome and I do see it as a valuable way to grow, however, how do I really and sincerely 'believe' or 'feel' or 'connect' to this source of internal love?

Are there specific chants, prayers, meditations or something else which will reconnect me. I don't want to be lost in my grief like a feather on the wind anymore.

Many thanks