View Single Post
Old 27-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Athiests don't need such a squalid reason for not believing that the Bible is true. What they do know (I'm not an athiest myself) is that 2000+ years have gone by and there have been a lot of disappointed people as the promised Armageddon has not yet taken place (at least not the 'next' one).
Someone once said you should live each day as if it were your last because someday you will be right. We should live each day as if Christ will return that day because someday we will be right.

Quote:
But if the world did end - so what. Those Christians who have upheld the ten commandments will go to heaven and be in peace and the rest, the infidels, will either be dead dead or in hell.
No one, including Christians, has upheld the ten commandments. We have all sinned and deserve to be condemned to Hell. Jesus died to atone for our sins so that we can be forgiven. Only those who have repented and put their faith in Jesus will go to Heaven.

Quote:
If there are some who just vanish, going neither to heaven nor to hell then they will be in that condition they were in before being born and so won't know anything about anything.
Someday all of the Christians, living and dead, will vanish. They will be taken to Heaven. After this a ruler known as the Beast will become ruler and try to lead the whole world into rebellion against God. Many will follow him but many others will choose to follow God and be saved. The book of Revelation describes what will happen during this time.

Quote:
If the world does come to an end through man-made actions then we only have ourselves to blame as it is we who choose such pig-headed, egoistic, patriotic maniacs of politicians to lead us into a 'visionary future'. There are quite a number of these maladjusted individuals at the moment, it's a pity thoughts can't kill.

If the world is allowed to go on much long I have no doubt that we will destroy ourselves. This destruction will only be prevented by God's intervention. Jesus said, "If the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days."

Quote:
Observing the world go by is the real proof of Karma - we do indeed harvest that which we sow.
I don't see anything like this at all. I see that in this world some evil people prosper while many innocent people spend their entire lives suffering.