View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012, 01:00 AM
wushen

Berry,

Thank you very much for your comparison. I was wondering what other people think about all of it. Per my understanding, these guardians are like next level of development. Say all people who are born in March on different dates have different descriptions, but then they would ultimately become the totem once they get to the next level.

At first I thought it was some sort of horoscope myself, but then I read more and realized that it was something completely different. I am interested in Chinese philosophy and cosmology and I studied a lot of Chinese manuscripts, that is why it made sense to me why it was based on the date of birth. When I was studying I Ching and read some ancient sources in a library, I found a reference to Shan Hai Jing, but I cannot find the link right now. The comment was mentioning that I Ching described all the situations that a human being can get him/herself into, yet SHJ described all the psychic structures of humans. This book was used by ancient Chinese shamans in politics and so on. Anyway, it is a fun artifact.

How do you determine who is the personal protector/guide?