View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Thanks for this post Shivani Devi. The Shakti seems to be inspiring me towards
exploring the VBT now. I listened to some dharanas by sally kempton at breakes in my nightshift yesterday. ( I have it installed in my phone - "Doorways to the infinite"
https://www.soundstrue.com/store/doo...nite-5937.html

I did the "I am Shiva" contemplation dharana (don't remember the number of the verse), and also a few others. This is really powerful. Haven't done them for awhile...

And today I picked up my translations of the VBT (Jaideva sing) to go into it further...and did a few dharana's at the siddha yoga website.

And today going into the forum finding your new post about it...

Yeah...just saying...sharing.

Best wishes

Om
Namaste.

Oh wow! Yesterday I was in my local coffee shop, having a caramel latte, using their free wi-fi to watch the second installment of Chris's treatise, when he went into explaining the Bindu..

I thought about you, I thought to myself "I haven't seen Bindu for about 6 months...I wonder how he is doing?" and then today, you post here... awesomeness!

I hope you are well and it sounds like you are taking time to just explore things and to go wherever life leads you.

Sally Kempton is also a favourite of mine. I first saw her on a Buddha At the Gas Pump interview a couple of years back and I have been following her ever since. I haven't seen that link you posted before though and thanks for sharing it.

My favourite practice from the VBT is to close my eyes and try to see through closed eyes, or what is behind my closed eyes, focusing on the blackness and trying to see things (and of course, I can't). I do this every evening before I go to sleep.

I have a copy of the VBT translated by Swami Satyananda Saraswati that I found in an old bookstore in outback Australia about 7 years ago...I was on holiday with my family in Broken Hill NSW...I was doing my morning japa when my Rudraksha Mala broke which put me in an awful mood..so later I went for a walk into the small township...ventured into a small antique bookstore and found the VBT which changed my mood instantly...I also learned from the Aboriginal store owner about all the different species of quandong trees and their transmigration and genetic variants from the lost continent of Kumari Kandan at the same time...and a great day was to be had by me with bliss striking me like lightning bolts from out of a blue sky.

Here are the 112 meditations broken down according to sensory involvement:

https://goo.gl/images/VPYk3T

Aum Namah Shivaya