View Single Post
Old 21-05-2017, 10:26 AM
Seeker

Dear iJenna,

I don't wish to interrupt your conversation with Carnate, but I thought I should leave a brief comment and I also have a question for you.

First of all, welcome to Spiritual Forums! Earlier on, I noticed your presence on Spirit Guide Sparrow's thread and I have made a comment pertaining to one of your posts. I hope Sparrow returns soon, because I too am eager to know the answers to some of the most important questions in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJenna

I lost my boyfriend in January. The grieving has been very hard. He believed in a lot of this type of afterlife stuff while I need evidence to support extraordinary claims. He promised me he would come back to let me know. He has not. Why? Simplest answer with the most evidence to support it... because he's dead now and can't. Not likely he would leave me alone to suffer in grief because he's too busy now remembering all his past lives and playing in some spirit world.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss and I hope you might find genuine answers to the questions that are most important to you.

On the other hand, I am skeptical about the use of Occam's razor to learn about reality. This is because past experience suggests that nature might be a lot more complex than people could ever have imagined.

Before the invention of the wheel, if you asked a rational caveman if there was anything outside the immediate vicinity of his cave dwelling, the simplest answer might be "Nothing". There was no evidence of a foreign culture, or of exotic peoples.

Before the age of astronomy, if a rational person looked up to the sky and wondered if anything else exists besides the Solar System, the simplest answer might be "Nothing". There was no evidence of distant galaxies and other planets.

Likewise, the simplest answers to questions about the existence of afterlife suggest that nothing exists after death. Such a viewpoint may well be true, but I am tempted to think (based on Mankind's historical experience) that the answer could just as well be more complex than whatever theory survives Occam's razor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJenna

There is some solid evidence to support the idea there is something more to all this after death

Why do you say so and what evidence do you have?

Best regards,
a1candidate