View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
Hey metal, your description of your mum's passing was so very moving. Blessings to her. She will be all right where she has gone.

Losing someone really very dear always breaks our hearts. We'd have to be made of stone for it not to. Especially at first, the love and the sadness are all mixed up in our tears.

Sometimes there are flashbacks and we keep seeing the final moments, or the last few hours. I often wonder why....maybe it's our last imprinted memory of them on this Earth, and that's why the visions stick around for a while. But those images do fade as time goes by -honestly. After a little time, other memories come instead, until in remembering, we start to see the person we loved rather than their moments of passing from this world.

During a gradual passing from age or illness, there is a gradual separation from the physical body going on. As the body begins to fail, the Soul starts to take over. We can't see that but sense it, and it moves us to do graceful things.

I am glad the hospital let your mother's cat be taken in to see her. They let our dog visit just before my husband passed. There were french windows in his ground floor room, and I was allowed to bring the dog in through them to see him.

You may not see her...but listen carefully with your heart because maybe your Mum still is a beacon of light for you in the darkness....