View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Master
For my part, depression usually touches me, when I avoid life.

Either by isolating, keeping mentally busy - but not being present, hiding in books or films or work. Or by isolating myself by staying 'in a crowd' - busy, lots of people, 'hi! how are you! great! have you seen...?! yes, there! come here!...' etc etc. Hiding in plain sight.

My interpretation is that we are spiritual entities/souls 'placed' in life in human bodies (by choice I'm sure, but not relevant since most of us can't remember this) - and we feel alien. you know, like abandoned children looking around at their new surroundings, over and over, without a sense of connection, recognition or understanding of the rules.

It is very easy to get stuck in this.

For me, the remedy is outdoors. Get out. Find some rain, find some wind, find some sun. Find a patch of grass to study, find a tree to climb or hug or look up into and see the Universe. Find a lake, water running, waves stroking the shores.

Always give your body the vitamins and nutrition it needs. It is hopelessly helpless without them; b-vitamin is important for my moods, d-vitamin I've heard others say.

At the core of this is that we are here for a really good reason, we are physical in a physical world and it is a once in a lifetime experience (well, this could be debated, but anyway); this is our time! These are our senses, these are our bodies to travel in! We can feel a touch, we can sense a draft, we can itch and tickle and sting and freeze.

Souls cant do that. Try and remember that it is plain awesome to simply have a body. The craziest amusement park ever, if you consider our ever immaterial existance before and after this....!

Never mind why 'logically' depression sets in. Take care of the vitamins, the outdoors and the gratitude; hopefully that will help you stay present in what actually is - here in this our common human experience.

And once we connect properly with that, spirituality can grow infinitely, because 'we are'.

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3