View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 06:38 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
I struggle enough with regretting the past, with worrying about the future; right now is all I got haha.
So how do we untangle ourselves from this process? Meditation does help to quiet the mind but when the mind starts back up again we're drawn right back into similar patterns of ruminations. We are needing to encounter our deeper selves in order to realize concretely that we have differing options of experience. Yesterday I had one of those experiences where I merged with my deeper self and it happened at a moment that could have easily led to death.

I was traveling down a local highway at around 65 miles an hour, I was on a downhill grade. A car pulled right out in front of me (at roughly 70 feet away) with absolutely no time to stop, I was flying right toward the other driver. I slammed on the breaks. And then something took over. I knew who this was, because it's that steady part of me that is always in a quiet mode behind my presence-of-being. Within seconds my arms were taking evasive maneuvers that I simply wouldn't have time to "think" of. These maneuvers allowed my car to almost magically wrap around the tail end of the other car with only inches to spare and then navigated other deadly obstacles at a high rate of speed placing me back on the road on the other side of the other car and back on my way.

For about 5 to 10 seconds (it seriously seemed like a lot longer than that) I was that "other part of me was all of me". The event was very peaceful in spite of the sound of screaming tires and imminent deadly risk. The experience was amazingly gentle!

I only seem to fully meet this part of myself while in the "waking state" when my life is at risk and I need the kind of focus that only the quietest-most-mind can provide. I become the same "self" while OBE and while Lucid dreaming.

We have another experience available to us where we may freely interact with living-without-thought. And without thought there is no rehashed past and nagging future. You just are, and as we disentangle ourselves from past and future imagery we are this "just are" on a more sustainable basis. :)