Thread: Right to die??
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2006, 06:52 AM
FreeSpirit

Hi Everyone,

I have seen my grandmother die of cancer and watched her go through extreme pain. In her last days the pain was excruciating. If there was anything i could do to do help her i probably would have. My uncle had an accident, was in a coma and pronounced brain dead. We did every test possible to see if there was anything functioning and all test came up completely negative, so on that we kissed him goodbye then turned off his machine.

For the above reasons i suppose im in the 'i agree' catagory.
But for the following reason's im in the 'dont agree' catagory...

A close friend of mine had cancer and it was horrible, the pain she went through was terrible and she thought she was going to die. If she had the option to take a drug and end it all she would have. BUT a year later she is in total remission and living a grand happy life. A life she wouldn't be enjoying had she taken the 'easy way out'.

Im torn on my answer for this subject because my spiritual self is saying it is up to our guides to decide when our time is up, but the human side of me never wants to see anyone go through what my grandmother went through. I feel that there are many pros and cons to euthanasia. If it ever got approved i think there would have to be some very strict guidelines to follow to avoid abuse.

Thanks
Love
FreeSpirit xx