View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 01:49 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJenna
Carnate, Thank you for admitting you have no solid evidence that your opinion of the afterlife, and what happens when we die, and why our loved ones don't come back to comfort us, is right.

I am sure you meant well, but what you and some others here believe about the afterlife is harsh to someone grieving. And with no evidence to support it's even right, I doubt it is, IMO (see how easy that is ).

Have you or others here ever considered trying to find the afterlife answers through logic, reason, reality, and the evidence we have? Or is just easier to buy into someone else's opinion just because they claim to have "authority" and say it's so? I guess it is for many. Sad, really.
You've misunderstood my comment... I'm also a little (uncharacteristically) frustrated by your post, so I'll apologise if the below reads poorly.

Stating that 'I have no evidence so I must be wrong' is unfair and unjustified. I'm not saying this as an effort to have you believe my words.. but more to make you aware of the flaws in taking this harsh stance on the matter.

Regardless of what someone explains the afterlife to be, there is no solid evidence.. there is minimal technical or scientific fact to be found on the subject. It's all, regardless of how you want to see the afterlife, faith/belief. When 'experts' explain these matters, the everyday person simply has to take things at face value, or choose to disbelieve in favour of another 'experts' explanation. When holy and religious scriptures explain the afterlife, it still relies on belief in those statements being 'fact'. There is no solid evidence that the everyday person can rely on. This applies to any view of the afterlife. Me not having 'solid evidence' does not diminish the value of my beliefs, or the accuracy of my claims.. in much the same way that a lack of evidence does not diminish anyone's views on the matter.

What's more important is that the details align with each individual's other views and their current position in life. As people progress spiritually, their understanding of the subtle realms increases, allowing them more wisdom and knowledge of the field. As such, it's not really important whether someone believes a specific thing at any given time.. it's more important that they are comfortable with the beliefs they have.

My views may not align with your situation at the moment, but stating a lack of 'solid evidence' as a reason for me to be wrong is insulting; because the same logic applies to anyone's views on the matter.

I'll also remind you that I did say I could provide many different links that support my views. Me not wanting to do this should not be taken as my views being unfounded.

[edit]
I'll also make this offer again.. if you wanted more details about my views, that are heavily based on logic, reason, reality, and what 'evidence' is available, please let me know. My views on the afterlife shouldn't really be read in isolation.. they link logically to a great many surrounding topics.