Thread: Medicine Bags
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Master
Posted by Crystal Ambassador

Quote:
It got me thinking about what others might say, so I wanted to ask: Of those of you who have a medicine bag, what do you tell people when they ask what's inside of it?

I have never yet to be asked that by anyone other than my Father when I first made one, or owned one. He was the one I went to with my shamanic views, and I frequently asked him questions. He wasn't the best to go to though he did have Native like culture books lying around which I read. His issue is he can not get past the books or to say he adopts his views constantly from others. He has never really been quite as interested in native culture or spirituality as I. He is more so religious.

I have learned about my faith my own way. Trial and Error, speaking with God, and essentially attempting to communicate with the world of spirit on my own and by myself. Makes for a lot of aloneness, and talking to oneself.

As far as anyone asking me if I take my bag out of doors with me- which I have every intention of doing, as it has my supplies or as I prefer call it, my gear. I plan to tell others very sharply and grouchily that it isn't any of their business.