Thread: Ask A Vegan
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I've a question for Nomad Girl!

Mine is a whole foods only diet. Just fruit and vegetables, organic and in as raw a form as possible. What are your views on anything I may be missing out on, and might need to consider taking? FYI, I've been eating this way for five years, and don't feel ill or anything. But maybe there's something that will make me feel even better than I do? Also, I don't take supplements. Thanks.

Hi Baile

My opinion will come across differently than the one previously given but yes, as you pointed out, a lot of my knowledge comes from Ayurvedic medicine which is different Fromm Western medicine (with the exception of Dr Robert Morse, a vegan doctor who has fought up to a hundred court cases against the American health allopathic system for misleading information given to the public.) i take seriously as I plan to study Allopathy / Integral medicine in the future as well.

If you eat a fruits and vegetables, mostly on a raw diet, you are on one of the healthiest diet possible. All body types are completely different which Western medicine rarely takes into account. The Western B12 levels that are "normal" are based on the dietary intake of people who eat animal products, so of course the standard is a lot higher. In terms of any other supplements, I would say you don't need them. However what's important for me to ask is how long have you been vegan?

If you are particularly concerned about not receiving enough dietary vitimins etc. it comes down to your choice to check it out but I will say To you confidently that you don't need anything at all.

For thousands of years many Indians lived complete vegan and vegetarian lives. This is a very unpopular opinion but unfortunately western medicine earns money from sick people, not healthy people, which is why it heals symptons not illness / disease. I'm not saying to disregard it, I'm saying keep this in mind, because as a vegan especially it will affect you. People will make you feel fear towards your own health when they understand very little about your lifestyle. Traditional Ayurvedics offer their service completely for free and they always say raw food is the healthiest food because it is live.

Another point is that the body has been known to turn nutrition into what it needs the most, such as protein into calcium, etc. (Another rather unknown and unpopular opinion yet is peer-based from a American GP Dr Morse [science is biased])

Apologies for the unstructured reply as I am writing on a phone.