View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 04:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I understand, and you might be right.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? You have a regular dream, that seems like reality to you, with all the physical reality's limitations, when something out of order draws your attention, and you realize you're dreaming. Then, while in that same dream, but now lucid, you can do all kind of things you can't do while in the physical reality: flying, going through walls, making things appear or disappear, .... With no interruption, without waking up, you can now do things you couldn't do before, because you knew you couldn't.

Why wouldn't be the case with this reality too?

Have you ever had a false awakening from a dream, lucid or non-lucid? You're sure you aren't dreaming, although you still do.

I once had a lucid dream which incidentally caused me to have an out-of-body experience in the fashion of an involuntary astral projection.

Listen, I don't deny that the mind is extended and can influence physical reality in some ways. I am a metaphysical idealist and believe consciousness to be fundamental. I simply do not agree with all of the claims of this new cult of "mindset creates reality". The truth is that the typical person cannot change his own physical reality to any significant degree with his mind alone. In this world of dense matter our souls are subject to the constraints of materiality whether we like it or not.