View Single Post
Old 30-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The practice of Shabd Yoga has two components, meditation on the Sound and meditation on the Light.

Meditation on the Sound involves tuning in to the Sound Current which is continuous and unchanging. On going deeper, it is felt as vibration drawing one inwards.

Meditation on the Light begins with an inner eye of brilliant Light at the brow chakra, and at the centre of this Light there is a dark point. This dark centre has been described as the beginning of the spiritual path. The meditator concentrates on this dark centre which then reveals its own shining luminosity.

Becoming immersed in the Light and the Sound we lose our sense of the separate self.

Peace.

Thank you for sharing that. With me personally, without knowing about Shabd Yoga, I found myself drawn to the subtle sound vibrations at the crown (sahasrara chakra) "drawing one inward", as you indicated. Becoming immersed in that sound, "we lose our sense of the separate self", as you also indicated. (I used to meditate on the ajna chakra at the brow, but that has now been superceded by the natural pull of the crown chakra.)

Thanks again for sharing that.

Peace.

P.S. The Light aspect of Shabd Yoga seems to correspond to the Edgar Cayce experience. Does Shabd Yoga indicate that one or the other are sufficient ?