View Single Post
Old 28-05-2018, 06:05 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Hi, I just saw this !

There is an amazing community garden jungle - about 20 minutes down the road from me - (it is the closest one to my place)...
Unfortunately it is only for a specific demographic though as it run by a specific charity for a specific cause... and I don't 'fit' the criteria.

I have thought about approaching my local council or something along those lines though to see if there is any interest in my community... and have even noted a cool plot of land on my walks which has been vacant for quite some time now and would make a cool spot for a community garden.

I currently grow produce (leafy greens, tomatoes and herbs... soon to grow patio citrus) in pots at my place and a sneaky passionfruit over the fence for myself and the neighbours to share.

Nice emerald, we use to have a few herbs tomatoes and chillies, still have a big peach tree and lemon tree, but like I said I also can visit some community gardens when ever I want, my grandfather was a farmer too and when he was alive his back yard was like a shopping market, he just grew everything, I use to hang out with him in his yard when he was around sometimes, he also made his own wine, he would never even buy a shovel he would make one out of something, maybe a pole and bend some metal then weld them together, he just did everything like that very self sufficient I suppose..

But yea that sounds good what u shared.. there's also one community garden I know of where they have a few different spots for all the reffugees like Asian people have there gardens and the Africans have there's and the way grow things and create tools of there own is interesting, one of the men from Burma I think it is, made this massive thing, it's made out of wood and works like a printer, a computer printer but it's made out of wood and creates cloth, some one has to sit there tho and push with there legs and move stuff about but it was impressive imo.