View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Perhaps at a slight push we can associate the deeper roots as an extension of our recognition that we are of the earthly body and of the physical reality .

I would say there are individuals that are truly living in the so called tree tops and cannot function in this physical reality for a limited time, but my main point I am making is those that are firm rooted to the earthly body and the physical realm renounce it and suggest it's somewhat illusory . To distance what they are from it doesn't in my eyes make a lot of sense when the realization of what you are reveals that there is only that .

The roots and the tree tops are that Self .

It's interesting that certain guru types distance themselves from their roots .

x dazzle x

Yes. If carried too far, it's a disassociation or a denial at some level, because dealing with the reality of who we are right here, right now is difficult. Life is a journey of grounding and integrating your spirit and your consciousness within your heart, your body, and your environment, and the hope is that you get the hang of it before it's time to move on once more for this go-round.

There are reasons why we are here, why we incarnate. And as you said in an earlier post on another thread, at some point, the point is to remember. If one seeks to always flee the scene, it'll be difficult to ever come to that place of truth.

Once we begin to remember, though, it's the same thing all over again. Knowing who we are and why we're here, and what's on our plate, then do we still have the courage to be present to ourselves and remain grounded in the moment? That's the other big question, then, at that point.

BTW Dazzer, I think you skipped my 2nd post (#33)...so just mentioning in case you didn't see it. It was addressing your question on renunciation of unwanted aspects of the self...which I think you rightly tied into the whole issue of why some renounce...as they'd not have to work through these ugly bits, then, would they? At least, not right now

Peace & blessings Daz
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke