View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Some say that one is not the body and renounce the ailments of the body .

For some they refer to the body as a temple of sorts .

I understand that the body manifest can be seen in both ways and depending of context both ways of perceiving the manifest body is correct .

While I AM of the manifest body and the body contains life, I AM not renouncing it, as a matter of fact I AM self healing daily .

It's an interesting journey however which way one perceives it ..

Can you love yourself and not the body .. can you love yourself and renounce a part of yourself?

x daz x
Hey there Dazzer...like you, I can see both sides.
IMO we aren't meant to choose...we are meant to integrate and have it all, IMO. But as you say, it's all down to the individual at a moment in time and space, and where we each are on our journeys. I agree with that.

I generally have always stood for integration, as I myself cannot really function normally without it, as a rule. But there are always exceptions to the rule, aren't there? And sometimes, whilst integrating, we are at a place that is off-centre, perhaps even by necessity.

Equanimity is the balance of self-centeredness and other-centredness...and there's really no need for any other form of detachment, IMO. Equanimity will heal your broken spirit even when the vessel of your heart has cracked open and bled dry, leaving you numb. When you have been stripped bare of all flesh and you have nothing, equaminity is the something that brings you back to the fullness of your humanity. Importantly, there is a place on our journey where we cannot go until we have been through this barren place. Equanimity is the disciple of humility and grace. All things are ultimately, but it's equanimity that carries us more deeply into the presence of our divine selves even when we have nothing else watering the vessel of our hearts. Eventually, we integrate and come to centre and union as you mention, but from a much more deeply rooted, unshakeable, and subtly yet so beautifully illuminated understanding of authentic love, which is our foundational experience of union, or oneness.

Through equanimity, you emerge from the barren wastelands into a place of renewal of the spirit, of the soul, as an entirely new you which somehow is the same as you ever were, at centre. But with a deeper gaze. And a fullness of authentic love for yourself, for others, and for all that is. Regardless of suffering or pain and regardless of good feelings. This fullness is what I call sublime joy. The gurus called it ananda, or, the joy without which the universe could not (would not) exist. And by that, they do not mean only the non-material universe, nor only the realm of non-incarnated spirits. They mean, and I mean, all of this. Us too, just as we are.

What I understood you Greenslade and others have either mentioned or even perhaps cautioned against is the unbalanced kind...where we equate escapism and apathy with growth and pursue it at the expense of grounding ourselves in our being and in our centre. And yet, the deeper the roots, the higher the treetops. That is the thing...we cannot be One or "find God" without grounding in our centre and being who we are in this moment. And in each moment. Sacred, present, and illuminated.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke