View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Enya

It's difficult to grieve for an animal companion when there are some who say 'It's just an animal'. Well to my mind, that's their loss, because they never experienced the love you and your cat have had.

Perhaps you are trying too hard to sense her... my communications with my pets have included one jumping up on the bed and purring, another meowing outside the window, another rubbing against my legs. Often, we can dismiss such events as imagination or a need... but they're not.

Our dog died suddenly in December and we were in shreds over his death. We still miss him. At first, I kept seeing him in his usual spots and dismissed it as an echo, a memory. It wasn't until one morning I 'saw' him getting excited about me going out to work that I spoke to him. Bingo. All he needed was that acknowledgement and I count myself lucky that he seems to be helping me with healing now.

Focus on allowing yourself time to grieve and be open to good memories and her presence. When the time is right, you'll re-connect. xxx