View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 04:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
I was at a store yesterday and a elderly man was in front of me fumbling with his wallet as well as having general difficulty understanding the transaction. He seemed very confused. I looked down and noticed large bills of cash all around his feet. Instead of me touching his money I tapped him on his elbow and told him he had cash on the floor. He looked down and picked it up and thanked me.

Question is why did I tell him he had money on the floor? I suppose I've been around enough elderly people to know just how much they struggle. I felt sorry for him I suppose. I wanted to help him out. I didn't tell him for a reward. In fact I wouldn't have cared if he said 'thank you' or not. I simply put myself in his place with the hopes that someone would treat me the same. Just plain ole human compassion and care for ones fellow man/woman.

I was at the store, and the bill was something like 14.95. I had 14.90 in small bills and change, so I said to the storekeeper, I can give you 14.90, or a 50 dollar bill you'll have to change. The woman behind me overheard and said, I think have a 5 cent coin here, and after rummaging for it, gave it to me to make up the 14.95 in exact change. There was consideration there even though I was not in need at all. In that sense, no 'good' came of it, but is was still goodness.