View Single Post
Old 17-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
This is a nasty fear. The fear of death, damnation and mortality. It is something which has been plaguing me all my life. Sometimes it turns into terror. It may also be the cause behind my psychosis.

Then it has worked hasn't it - the Bible I mean. And other religions. All those threats, however dressed up in chosen words, the floods, the fires, the turning to stone, the hangings on the cross, the eternal damnation, the day of judgement, Armageddon, all those perfide little instances telling you to be good - otherwise.
It may help you to know that there are people, such as myself, who are actually looking forward to dying. I allow myself to say this as I am now really an old man, life is somewhat tedious as far as moving about, cooking, cleaning, shopping is concerned - although there is nothing on the horizon which indicates anything happening shortly. As my life's desire has always been to know, I am now getting near that moment when I'll know or not. I'm therefore looking forward to it - if there, at the end, is nothing - so what, the universe has been here for 13 billion years plus and I never noticed.

Just to say, I have every reason based on empirical experiences to think that things will go on.

You are on this planet, as you are and where you are as a result of all that has ever happened in the universe from the very first moment. You can call these happenings karma or evolution or development or emerging from chaos into unity, whatever you call it you are the sum of all your experiences as one individual and as part of a collective mind.
Some of us live in slums, some of us are pygmies in the jungles, some of us are Eskimos and others are surf-boarders on Bondi beach. Whatever and wherever you are - you are simply the sum of the total happenings of the universe leading to your appearance on this planet which was unavoidable. At the moment you came into the world and had your bottom smacked the life ahead of you kicked off. On your terms!!! Again - On Your Terms!!! You and your genes and DNA are the results of your choices and decisions.
The world you see when you look out of your eyes is the world you have created for yourself together with all your senses with all its perfections and imperfections, you are the one who puts a value onto the things you observe.
What I'm saying is change the way you see things - just work on it for a while - doing it for yourself and you'll see there is no need to fear, we are on a great adventure, we are part of a multidimensional universe which is a projection of our inner life and each of us is responsible for what we are.

Maybe this helps.