View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Master
Thank you winter light, I appreciate your informed insight and advice too. I also have a little experience with flower essences and homeopathy, though it's a bit limited I actually had some life altering achieved with those, so it's good you bring them up. Of course in retrospect it's easy to be doubtful, but at the time they apparently were very successful and helped me achieve my goals.

I worked at a Vitamin Shoppe store so while there I started learning about the more alternative healing substances and gave those mentioned a try. Now I would look for other options because the brands I use have ingredients I wouldn't take now, but I am sure there are purer forms available. Anyways, I used a homeopathic remedy for pms and also had one for menstrual cramps lol and not too long after I started taking them, I pretty much never experienced cramps or period pain the way I used to. Most months I have little to no pain, except interestingly I had a couple cramps like I used to just last week, which may or may not be related to something else that is slightly relevant.
The other great success I had with homeopathy was with this spray my boss got me from an expo or something, for quitting smoking. funny thing is I started smoking again about a month ago, just for a temporary time for various foolish reasons.. and so I am guessing that is at least partially the reason I got a couple cramps again, but I digress. So I used this oral spray while I was still smoking and made up my mind to quit, and finally I did, after smoking for about ten years, from age 14 to 24. I did some other things which I think helped so again I'm not sure how much the homeopathy deserves credit for, but I imagine it does more than I think. I wrote a poem (and blog on my myspace) while I was smoking my last cigarette and tried to stay conscious writing about it afterward (writing is another excellent way to heal and help all sorts of situations) but found I didn't really need further assistance. I kept using the spray til I lost the rest of the bottle and then never looked back.. well until a month ago lol. But I quit cigarettes for almost a decade. It'd be ten years this August which is funny I quit right before that milestone mark but whatever, as I said it was far easier than I thought to quit in the first place so I figure I'll be able to do it again. So I'd say even though I decided recently to be silly and start for a little while again, it was an awesome success. I'm thinking about using homeopathy again just to solidify my intention and will about it. Now I am smoking different cigarettes without all the additives or genetically modified tobacco which unfortunately most brands have, but anyways I know it is still bad, and I do feel unwell because of it haha. I think becoming conscious about things we do or don't do is important for overcoming something or starting new healthy habits, so I am going to research more about it again to arm myself with information that will help me hold myself responsible better.

Then there are the flower remedies, which I used the brand Bach and had several but the main one I credit is the Mustard. side note now I would like to try flower essences again but seek one that doesn't use alcohol. I do have a couple books about the Bach ones though so at first I thought it was the only brand that could make genuine ones but now I am over that narrow false belief. Sorry for all the tmi lol. So I was using the Mustard, and one day I read the bottle label again, and it said "for depression that comes and goes for no apparent reason" and it was at that time that I had an epiphany and it dawned on me that wait a minute, this depression doesn't just come and go for no reason, there are reasons.. Now years later I know there are a lot of factors that contribute to such disorders which I no longer believe in labeling one with, but anyways back then it helped me see that depression is caused by us not doing what we really want to do or know we should. I realized that there were a variety of things I could and should be doing for myself and in life that would ease the depression and basically render it non-existent. I guess that may have been pivotal for me understanding the truth of diseases and disorders and how they are just mainstream labels that don't reflect the true reality of life here.

Reiki I have been interested in for years but haven't really gotten into that. I do like different kinds of energy healing and such though so I'd like to learn more about it and try it.