View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 08:32 AM
Master
I'm not sure if antidepressants paxil, effexor, lexapro and zoloft are considered psychotropic medication, but I consider all prescriptions that are prescribed for the "mind" to be of the same evil so I'll add my input here.

I am very glad you are getting yourself off of them, it's unclear exactly if you are already off or just on your way off of them, so I'll caution of course if you're still on them it's important to be weaned off gradually. I was on & off the above pills for about a decade of my life, from 14 til 24, and it's now another decade later. I wasn't the smartest about it all but I'm glad I finally got off of them though it was a shock to my system I'm sure. If I knew then what I know now I would have done a lot of other healthy things to make it easier, which wisely is what you're here asking about.

So, winter light has excellent advice with her shared experience of using EMDR and EFT, and I'm sure neurofeedback but I'm not familiar with what exactly that is. But EFT is incredible and scientifically validated too. And a variation I have a book about also includes some EMDR, which involves eye movement. (The book is called Instant Emotional Healing in case you're interested, and the variation is ESM Emotional Self Management whereas EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique. Both are great and you can make your own unique version of the techniques too)

Besides that, I would definitely pay attention to your diet if you aren't already, and eat a lot of fresh organic fruit because it is the most detoxifying and regenerating food. All sorts of raw foods will be helpful though. The lymphatic system is the body's waste management system and fruit stimulates and cleanses it the best, so extra fruit will help your body clear out the medications and resulting toxicity quicker. Make sure you try to eat fruit apart from other foods though (except some leafy greens if you want) because since it digests so rapidly you don't want other slower digesting foods to interfere with that. If you like the idea or find it one of the easiest options which I do, you could start by having fruit as your first meal of the day.

All sorts of foods are healing and have a lot to offer, but fruit is by far the best for detoxifying and rejuvenating which will help you in a number of other ways.

Besides that there are a lot of herbs you could take, and combinations of them often work well together. Since there are so many I like to suggest that you do a little search and choose the one or ones that seem most appealing to you. Your intuition may have a better idea than I might, but some of the herbs I'm drawn to recommend are skullcap, milk thistle, dandelion leaf & root, chamomile, stinging nettle, rose hips, alfalfa, and comfrey leaf.

Then there are essential oils which if you don't already use them, you could probably appreciate them and adopt them as part of your everyday life. There are a lot that you've surely heard of which are also herbs, like lavender, and peppermint or spearmint, or food and spices such as citrus oils like lemon and pink grapefruit, and ginger and cinnamon and so on. So many options to use as oils or also as their food or spice version too.
One of my top favorite oils which is also I think less commonly used as an herb, with a lot of research proving its healing efficacy and usefulness, is frankincense. There are different varieties of some plants or essential oils so you may like one much better than another. My choice for frankincense is the boswellia serrata strain. I use it for my skin and aromatherapy of course and also I love eating it lol, you obviously have to be careful when ingesting essential oils and many advise against it, but if you are educated and mindful about it then it doesn't pose a threat, and frankincense is one of the oils that is not harsh so it's unlikely to be irritating at all. You don't even need to eat a whole drop though, but it's up to you and you may choose to not ingest oils at all. Anyway, the herb also comes in powder and pill form, and as resin called frankincense tears, which is an all right substitute for chewing gum.
My other favorites which also have a lot of scientific research supporting their use, are helichrysum (italicum or immortelle variety, it's a more expensive oil but worth it and there are a couple great companies online that offer tiny sample sizes for a small price, so you can try it before deciding to invest in a whole bottle, and their full bottle sizes cost a lot less than you will probably see popular companies advertise. if you want to check out the couple companies I have in mind and spent years hoping to find before I finally did let me know, cuz it's important to get oils from trustworthy places and not have to pay your life savings in the process), myrrh, and german chamomile which is blue and a bit more funky smelling than the clearish yellow roman chamomile. I love a lot of other oils, including rose, but those are my top choices of versatile and delicious smelling essential oils.

Even if you just apply an essential oil to your feet, preferably with a carrier oil, it can reach the entirety of your body and cells within about 20 minutes it's estimated. The science behind them and plants in general is amazing. Essential oils are sort of just the concentrated soul of a plant.. and not every plant has an extractable true essential oil, but I digress. They can help you reverse the damage of the medications and improve your mood and such for sure. Frankincense is renowned for how beneficially it effects the brain as well as the body.

So if it were me I would use herbs, and essential oils, and eat as much fresh food as I could, do the EFT and other good advice winter light has said, and for some other enlightening and healing exercises, you may be glad to check out Donna Eden and her Energy Medicine. If you can listen to her being interviewed and look at some of her more specific videos about the exercises too. She understands and explains energy and being human in a marvelous way, which was life changing for me when I found her.
Another easy yet powerful exercise is the 5 Tibetan Rites, which are said to be effective for all the main chakras and bodily systems and organs. You can start by doing only 3 of each of the 5 movements a day, and the most you're supposed to do is 21 of each so it's something good to begin with and progress at your own pace.

I also think that art, and other forms of expression such as writing of course, are pivotal for evolution and healing. Well I am just glad that you've realized you don't need these drugs and you're finding yourself more and more. hope something of my jumbled rambles can help you further lol, bless you aragonite