View Single Post
Old 24-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Master

Thank you hope for your very informative post. My husband went to a licensed acupuncturist for a herniated disk at one time and for bone spurs another time (combined with the traditional herbal supplements as you mentioned) with wonderful results.

I didn't want to make the long journey to the above mentioned acupuncturist and a doctor suggested the dry needling. I started this thread for others who might wonder if this western version of acupuncture was worth the effort.

Not only that but acupuncture is not covered by most insurance whereas dry needling is. Understanding that most people don't have extra cash lying around they might be willing to try this method for relief of chronic pain that can ruin your life.

But I would have to agree with you the traditional acupuncture is the better treatment but as I said above but might be cost prohibitive for many.

The end result is relief from pain without the use of drugs. To live a normal life again.

I think societies around the world are waking up to alternative medicine and procedures and there are ever-growing clientele for both the traditional acupuncturist and the physical therapist with dry needle training.

Wanted to add thank you for the film recommendation. I have ordered a copy for viewing. It looks to be a very inspiring documentary.