View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilasmum44
Thats how i feel about how i woke up vegetarian. Its like i cant go back to eating chicken even if i wanted.
Yes that's it exactly. Same experience for me. I never gave vegetarianism a thought, but then one day out of the blue I just woke up to the realization. And I was vegetarian from that moment on.

From my experience, that's how higher self consciousness works. It arrives as a kind of epiphany (HELP ME WITH MY EATING ADDICTION!!!), and then from that moment on one's consciousness has shifted forever to a different place. Being human though, we want it all now! That's why it's important not to be hard on one's self. The higher self realization is enough, even if the action and lifestyle transition has yet to happen. It's important to love and appreciate the journey itself. Plus worrying about the destination and getting there just causes more stress, which of course is counter-productive.

Being in the NOW of every moment -- appreciating what is, rather than thinking about what could be -- is another key aspect to transforming negativity into positivity. Negativity really is worrying about what isn't in one's life. Whereas positivity is loving what is, loving the now of this life. Loving this perfect moment in time. Loving your daughter -- just look at the beautiful soul, she is a miracle! Loving your husband, loving that you'll see him soon. Being alive, being conscious, experiencing all this love -- these are the foundational soul-understandings that lead to nurturing positivity and joy in life.