View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Master
I do like Mr Tolle's idea about this in 'The Power of Now.'

Basically he says that to delve into homosexuality can be a good thing because it allows us to review ourselves outside of the paradigm or example that society has ordained for us but that if we go to the point of labeling ourselves as homosexuals we have somewhat missed the point.

So sexuality, homosexual or otherwise, is merely sex, always has been and always will be, and the question to be asked if sex is spiritual is not the style involved but is the sex supported by the spirituality or does the spirituality support the sex? Would the sex continue without the spirituality and vice versa would the spirituality continue without the sex?

I mentioned appearance and mine isn't so good so maybe that's why I haven't had much sex. But I have seen those whose appearance is good indulging in a manner of sexual pursuits and it almost seems as if this appearance which enables sexual attractiveness to remain unquestioned is somewhat detrimental in the long run as they rely on that appearance so much more than could be seen as spiritually... um, healthy? balanced?

This is what struck me at the very beginning of this thread and the question isn't so far asked. That the question of why there is sex in the first place or my appearance allows me to indulge so how can I then make it become 'more' spiritual?

Don't wash yourself for three weeks then approach your partners for sex and love.... lol, that'd take it all to all spiritual level.