View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Master
The Ascendant is extremely important in the chart, but it isn't a light. It doesn't act the same way as a planet does.

In an aspect pattern, it doesn't zing the energy. It does matter for a trine or a square, but not in an aspect pattern because it doesn't function in the same way.

That is my opinion based on what I have learned and what makes sense. I don't count that as an aspect pattern but it is probably more important then a planet in it's one on one relationships.

I personally think Chiron is a major player but it isn't accepted as a ruler yet. I tend to think it is. I am not committed to that belief so I don't give it full status as a planet when I look at a chart unless it is in an important position. When I do use it, I consider Chiron to be much more then 'the wounded healer'..He was a Centaur who rose above his kind to become a wise and accomplished physician and teacher. He was much more then his wound. That seems to be the accepted meaning, but there is much wisdom and grace to that energy, which does not seem to be fully appreciated.

Here is a little copy and paste about the myth:

Kheiron's name was derived from the Greek word for hand (kheir) and meant something like "skilled with the hands." In myth it was also closely associated with the word kheirourgos "surgeon."

Chiron the planetary body would impart the native with "skill with the hands"...That is the meaning of the name and it would apply.

The current understanding of Chiron energy is pretty negative, It is about your wound that never heals, and he was so much more then his wound. Until the common understanding is able to be properly applied, we aren't fully ready to use Chiron as a major player. That is my opinion. He hasn't been known of for very long and it takes time for astrologers to fully understand a new energy. I think he a modern ruler but there is controversy over that.