View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewhens
Has anyone here successfully treated or cured acute, severe depression without medication?
Hi Threewhens. Yes, I did. I was diagnosed with having had depression for two decades. At its worst, I was unable to get out of bed or even walk. I underwent therapy with anti-depressants for a short time (six weeks), after which I decided to go the holistic route (no pharmaceuticals). I left my career and moved far away to a quiet area of the country, on the coast. There I spent the next several years getting well. It took adjusting my lifestyle and diet: I'm now a vegan and spend lots of time in nature; don't own a TV, don't listen to the radio, I stay away from the news, I don't associate with people with noisy opinions, etc.

It took about seven years before I could say I was healed, and it can be done. I found the answer is to focus on setting after your dreams in life. My dream was to live simply by the ocean, and that's been one of the main reasons for my life turnaround. I love my life now, and so now I am happy in life. All the best.