View Single Post
Old 21-02-2019, 03:25 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally posted by MissCreativeSpirit

There are plenty of verbally abusive children of addicts both in and out of 12 step groups.

Yes, of course there are, and they invariably have issues with authority figures. That's why I feel it irresponsible (and counter-intuitive) that they would have "I have not been harassed by law enforcement" as a part of their creed.

Quote:
I am sure this isn't representational of an entire city/area though.

Actually, yes it is. In my adult life I've resided in two other states, and in the broadest sense people do not conduct themselves in the manner they do here. In all three places, I've ended up in the sort of therapy where you end up physically ill by the end of it. Here? With one notable exception, it's my fault, or I imagined it, in spite of extensive anecdotal evidence otherwise, in a clinical setting. Elsewhere? They have a hard time getting their minds around it because "people here don't treat each other that way"... and then they end up at a loss, though the one termed it a "a society of harmers". If you like, PM me, and I'll get the transcripts of every session I've ever had.

You're an empath. Let's put it this way; too much of the economy here is predicated upon writing code, conducting surveillance, killing people, or writing code for people who conduct surveillance and kill people. It's that simple, and anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves and all others concerned.

What do you suppose the zeitgeist of such a place would be like?

Quote:
In law of attraction fear of issues or abuse continuing on only feeds the fire so-to-speak and attracts more of it into your experience.

Agreed. It's just that I never imagined it would or could be deliberate.

Quote:
This can come from the most unsuspecting of people who cooperate with that energy. I have seen people have no memory of what they contribution g to that was disturbing even.

See above.