Thread: Emotions
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2018, 11:40 PM
Master

I have my own take on emotions, I think this society tries to block them as much as possible, whether it's people engrossed in materialism or spiritual people. It happens to me all the time. The brain does everything it can to try not to experience deep emotions if it feels it needs that protection. It'll come up with all kinds of distractions and reasons that sound very good to not get in touch with what's really going on inside.

Emotions are actually good, whether they're 'negative' or 'positive', it's something we want because that's how we're made. There are no bad or wrong emotions, all of them are natural and healthy reactions to what we experience. If we're angry, there's a very good reason for it. If we're depressed or anxious, there's a very good reason because emotions don't come out of the air, they're responses of the body to our experience in life. If there's alot of depression, that's the body telling us something is going on we need to look at. It may be something unresolved inside us from the past. Anger helps us have boundaries, care and respect ourselves and others. Imagine if there was no anger at child abuse?