Thread: Emotions
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by waechter418
Particular Projection/Reflection (P/R) modes engender particular emotions.

Being aberrations of Will the force of creation, and Love the force that unites (relates) its manifestations - emotions may be considered weak forces.
Strong force arises in the P/R equation of Will & Love

Emotions tend to distort and impede the operations of mind – markedly those regarding its Self-realization.

There are probably as many emotions as there are P/R varieties, although some, like envy & jealousy, emanate from similar confusions.

Concerning Self-realization, the most misleading emotions are wishes & hopes, as they stir the belief of Homo to be able to be someone else than he is.

Like all his weaknesses, Homo justifies his emotions too, claiming that they are essential for his survival as well as for being human, which might also be the reason for his belief that emotions make up a “person” (Latin: actors mask). A belief which has reached religious scales, considering that all the lost, the losers & those who want to play a role in life, make – with the help of media & commerce – ever more spectacles of their emotions, thus turning them into the most popular and successful self-deception-tool of modern times.

A fatal emotion is fear, as it impedes the interactivity of psyche & soma, and thus can paralyze the mind.
(An effective way to get rid of fear is doing everything that provokes and drives it to its limits.)

When emotions become too much for Homo to handle, his psychologists & moralists place them into sub-conscious & sinful regions, thus enabling to regard himself as their victim.
(Sub-consciousness denotes here a garbage disposal or dungeon of mind)

However, emotions can be useful too, when scorn and anger arise, inflaming the desire to get rid of this mess - and if they are joined by pride and the lust to fight, the much the better, as they enable to attack vigorous and joyful all that which obstructs Self-realization.
Very wise words there.

I'm having the whole experience that even the emotions of love and bliss associated with Self-realisation can impede any further progress made in regards.

Yeah, I once felt what it was like...until 'too much of a good thing' led to my total desensitisation from it...like eating too much chocolate ice-cream until one gets a tummy ache from it.

Then one rests in the experience of 'is this all there is?' even knowing full well that there can be nothing more and an impasse is reached.

Sort of like climbing a mountain, reaching the top, but getting bored with the view...so a 'different mountain' needs to be climbed, but how long before one gets bored with the view from the summit of that one?

I can say, feel, know deep within my core 'aham brahmasmi' but it makes no difference to who/what I am...as if it ever did to start with because that's who/what I am anyway.

Now, I feel like I have no emotions left...that Self-realisation killed them all...even the feelings arising from the realisation itself are no longer there and I'm like a shell of a human...a worn out husk of being.

It shouldn't be like that.